Start date: Sep 2023
Interview date: tbc
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade D actual salary £23,703 -£26401 pro rata per annum depending on experience
Hours of Work: 10 hours per week (7.30 - 9.30 am), 52 weeks per year. Overtime to be worked as necessary but mutually agreed.
Location of Role: Preston Candover CE Primary School
Following the retirement of our current Site Manager an opportunity has arisen to join our school. The successful candidate will maintain our school site – buildings and grounds, to the highest possible standard, proactively enhancing our facilities. They will ensure the school is safe, clean and well maintained for pupils, staff, parents and visitors. The individual will be practical and able to adapt their skills to the needs of the school, prioritise health, safety and security at all times.
We are looking for someone who can work in partnership with the school team to:
- Manage the school site, grounds and buildings
- Take responsibility for site security
- Ensure the school is unlocked daily and locked (on occasion), carrying out security and safety checks; there may also be a requirement to open and close the school outside the core hours.
- Undertake a range of minor repairs and redecoration within the school buildings and grounds
- Regularly carry out and record health and safety checks and ensure that Health and Safety and COSHH legislation is kept up to date.
- Manage and co-ordinate school agency cleaners
- Ensure the school is kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including undertaking cleaning duties where necessary
- Arrange and supervise contractors on site
- Take responsibility for stock control and ordering of cleaning/repair products
- Work in a flexible manner for the needs of the children and school
- Share our school values and ethos
- Have a good standard of literacy and numeracy and knowledge of IT; the ability to use email is essential.
- Have a high degree of personal pride in their work and ensuring the school the school environment is the best it can be.
In return we can offer:
- A fantastic school environment with extensive grounds
- supportive staff
- a warm and friendly environment
- well-behaved students
- training relevant to the role
The post is for 52 weeks of the year with annual leave to be taken during school holiday periods.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. If you would like to request an application pack, or arrange a visit to the school please contact Mrs Hazel Forrest, Senior Admin Officer, on 01256 389278 or email email@example.com
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may invite candidates to interview before the closing date of Friday 14th July 2023.
Preston Candover Church of England Primary School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.